New Door

New Door

Here's some pix of a new door I installed in our new home:

Inline image 2Inline image 1

I mounted a bipass track on the living room side of the opening, hung a 32-inch hollow-core door, and concealed the track with a 1x6 piece of hemlock.

Applied a thick coat of oil with a rag, let it set for about 10 minutes, then buffed it smooth with another clean rag. The next day I did the same to add a second coat. Being impatient and pushed for time, I installed it. It feels smooth and dry, kind of a satin finish. The instructions on the tung oil container said to add daily coats to get a glossier finish.

My next project is a kitty litter cabinet. We want to conceal our kitty litter box in the house. We've seen several examples:


We bought a 24-inch bathroom vanity cabinet at Home Depot. I'll replace the sink top with a piece of nice birch plywood, edged with a strip of hemlock, finished with tung oil. The cabinet is painted white. I'll cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and install a kitty door:


I'm so excited about having a work schedule, and space, to work on woodworking projects! We invested in a nice compact table saw...I think it will be good enough for what I'll need it for, and it's small enough to fit in our storage unit:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Connect Trailer Wiring: 2003 Chevy S-10 Pickup

Apple Seeds and Cyanide

Google Chrome Browser: Remember Window Size & Position