Christ in You

Reading only the first 26 verses of Paul's letter to the Colossians, it would appear that faith in Christ is a religion. A religion leads one to say, "My relationship with God is based upon what I do, and not do, and what I believe or not believe." A statement framed thusly is a declaration of religion. But the moment Paul writes, "...Christ in you...", my religion is shattered. "Christ in you" defines my condition as depending upon Jesus. My relationship with God depends upon the relation between the Father and the Son. Any good thing in me is an expression of the Holy Spirit allowed to express Himself freely. The glory of my life becomes Christ alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Connect Trailer Wiring: 2003 Chevy S-10 Pickup

Google Chrome Browser: Remember Window Size & Position

Apple Seeds and Cyanide